Apart from Spanish language courses,quorum offers Spanish culture courses. Here at our Spanish Language School, we believe that studying Spanish culture – or that of any other language you might be learning – is a fundamental part of learning the language itself. 20 lessons of Intensive plus 3 lessons of Spanish Culture per week.
Spanish History and Culture Course
To learn more about spanish history and culture
Spain is a country with a long and proud history including settlement by the Ancient Romans and many centuries of domination by the Moors. It is a country of great diversity, with mountain ranges in the North East, beautiful beaches in the South and a luscious green coastline in the north. This course emphasizes the political, social, economic, and cultural aspects of the most important events that have shaped this wonderful country.
- 23 lessons a week:
- 10 lessons of Grammar and Vocabulary
- 10 lessons of Conversation
- 3 lessons of Spanish History & Civilization
- Group Size:
- From four to a maximum of eight students
- Every lesson last 55 minutes
- 1 to 12 weeks throughout the year.
- *We recommend students to have at least a low-intermediate level of Spanish to join this course.
Some of the topics discussed during the class include:
- Al-Andalus and the Islamic reign.
- The Christian Reconquest and the Discovery of the Americas
- Cervantes and Don Quijote
- The Golden Age and the Generation of ´98
- Franco and the Civil War
- The Transition and Democracy
Services for the Spanish History and Culture Course.
- Oral and Written Classification Test: Quorum follows the criteria laid down by the Council of Europe on the teaching of languages
- The relevant materials for the course without charge
- A welcome drink. You can meet other students and teachers
- An handout of information about Quorum, Nerja, Spain, accommodations, activities, etc
- Continuous evaluation. In tutorial hours, a teacher will be available to help with your doubts
- Study Room to do homework
- Use of newspapers, magazines and books from our library
- Entertainment Room with television, videos and games to relax with
- The possibility of receiving faxes and e-mails
- Internet Access and Wifi zone in the school and Residence
- Attending seminars, lectures and parties organized by Quorum
- An attendance certificate or diploma
- A departure party (summer only)
Starting dates 2015
January 12th, February 2nd, March 2nd and 30th, May 4th, June 1st, July 6th and 20th, August 3rd and 17th, September 7th, October 5th, November 3rd and 30th 2015
All other levels
Classes begin on ANY MONDAY
Aditional Spanish Course Options
Quorum offers you good, comfortable and welcoming accommodation….Read more about the school accommodation
The Spanish school Quorum offers a perfect activities complement to the Intensive Spanish course …Read more about the school Activities